Instructions for tying the Snelling Knot:
- Pass the end of the line, through the eye twice, leaving a loop hanging below the hook.
- Hold both lines along the shank of the hook.
- Use the loop to wind tight coils around the shank and both lines, from the eye upwards. Use from 5 to 10 turns.
- Use the fingers to hold these tight coils in place. Pull the line (extending from the eye) until the whole loop has passed under these tight coils.
- With coils drawn up, use pliers to pull up the end of the line.