Instructions for tying the Blood Knot:
- Lie the ends of the two lines against each other, overlapping about 6 inches.
- Take 5 turns around one line with the end of the other, and bring the end back where it's held between the two lines.
- Repeat by taking 5 turns around the other line, bringing the end back between the two lines. These two ends should then project in opposite directions.
- Work the knot up into loops, taking care that the two ends do not slip out of position.
- Draw the knot up tightly.